Information for Parents
You have a son or a daughter who is currently staying in New Zealand and wants to travel the country during the school holidays? The following information will be useful to you:
- In New Zealand, students under the age of 18 years are not allowed to travel around New Zealand by themselves. Students are also required by the New Zealand Government Code of Practice to be supervised by a suitable person/s at all times. NZ Direct Student Tours have a long successful history of guided Student Tours. Our guides are fully qualified and responsible individuals that have a thorough understanding of the Code of Practice and provide the perfect opportunity in a safe environment for your child to discover the country with other students of the same age from all over the world.
- Age Restrictions: Students are to be a minimum age of 14 and maximum age of 18 years at the time of travel. We can accept younger and older students on request. Please contact us for further details.
- Parents Permission Form: We require the student’s parents (not the host parents) to give written permission for their child to join one of our tours. For this purpose, a permission form has to be signed by you and send to us by email or by fax no later than 2 weeks before tour start. Click here to download the parent’s permission form.
- Extra Activities: We offer a lot of extra activities such as dolphin swim, kayaking, skydiving, bungy jumping and many more. If there are any activities from which you want your son/daughter to be excluded from you can note these on the parents permission form.
- Transport to/from tour start: All students are required to book through us prior to and after the tours. This is for us to know where the student is at all times and to monitor delays/cancelations etc so we can meet or rebook students to enable them to join the tour. Once the student has enrolled online our team will contact the student by email to discuss their travel needs. The most common means of transport are flight, ferry or bus. We will always look for the best fare available and at a time that ensures maximum safety for the student. Airport shuttles will also be arranged when necessary…
- Tour itinerary: Your child will receive his/her personal tour itinerary and other approximately 7-10 days before tour start. A copy of the itinerary will be send to the school contact person and the host parents. This itinerary includes the contact details of the tour guide.
- Payment is due within 7 days of enrolment. Please see our Booking conditions. The following payment options are available:
- Bank transfer: You can transfer the tour costs to our New Zealand Bank account. Bank details will be displayed on your invoice. Bank transfers from overseas are also possible. Please note that a bank fee may be incurred.
- Credit card: Payment can be made by your son/daughter or your credit card. Please use our secure website to submit credit card details. Please note that there is a 2.5% credit card fee.
- If your son/daughter lives in the Nelson area, cash payment is also possible in our Nelson office.
If you have any other questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Phone us on +64 (0)3 546 6338 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to have your child on board of our tours– on a real “kiwi experience”!!