Information for Host Families
Are you hosting an international student who is interested in one of our student tours? Then the following information might be useful to you:
- All our tours and programs are strictly in accordance with the requirements of the New Zealand Code of Practice for international students under the age of 18 years.
- Age Restrictions: Students are to be a minimum age of 14 and maximum age of 18 years at the time of travel. We can accept younger and older students on request. Please contact us for further details.
- Transport to/from tour start: All students are required to book through us prior to and after the tours. This is for us to know where the student is at all times and to monitor delays/cancelations etc so we can meet or rebook students to enable them to join the tour. Once the student has enrolled online our team will contact the student by email to discuss their travel needs. The most common means of transport are flight, ferry or bus. We will always look for the best fare available and at a time that ensures maximum safety for the student. Airport shuttles will also be arranged when necessary.
- Tour itinerary: Your student will receive his/her personal tour itinerary and other information approximately 7-10 days before tour start. A copy of the itinerary will be send to the school contact person and the host parents. This itinerary includes the contact details of the tour guide.
- Payment: The following payment options are possible: Bank transfer and credit card payment. Please note that for credit card payments, a 2.5% credit card fee occurs. If your student lives in the Nelson area, cash payment is also possible in our Nelson office. Payment is due within 7 days of enrolment. Please see our
If you have any other questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Phone us on 03 546 6338 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.