Abel Tasman Sailing Trip
22 November 2019 - 24 November 2019
Tour starts in Nelson - Tour ends in Nelson
Come on board our sailing catamaran for a weekend trip to the Abel Tasman National Park.
Itinerary and Extra Activities
You will meet your tour guide and skipper at Nelson port to embark on our sailing catamaran for the weekend. In the afternoon we will be sailing across Tasman Bay to Adele Island in the Abel Tasman. We stay the night at anchor and listen to the predator free island’s birdsong.
Today we sail up to Torrent Bay. You will have the chance to do a 3-hour coastal walk to Bark Bay on one of New Zealand’s Great Walks, the Abel Tasman Coast track. For everyone who would rather explore the area by water, we have stand up paddle boards and kayaks on board, free to use for everyone. Either way you may have the chance to view fur seals and wildlife. There will also be the opportunity for swimming, hanging out on the golden sandy beaches of the Abel Tasman National Park or exploring. We anchor for the night in Anchorage Bay.
Late Sunday morning we cruise off to famous Spilt Apple Rock and Kaiteriteri before setting sail and catching the afternoon sea breeze back across the Tasman Bay to Nelson. We look forward to welcoming you on board our sailing catamaran!
- Experienced Skipper and Guide
- Comfortable sleeping cabins on sailing catamaran
- All transport during the tour
- All activities during the tour as described in the tour programme
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Transport (flights, bus, ferry, transfers) to/from tour start
- Snacks that you might want to bring
- Pocket money
- 10 students minimum required for tour to proceed
- Booking conditions apply
- All inclusions are weather and time depending